Mushrooms are one of the most versatile ingredients. Their chewy texture makes a wonderful addition to a lot of our traditional curries, snacks and dishes. Further, they are non-fuss and super-easy to cook with. If you have tried making a delicious Shahi Mushroom or Mushroom 65, you will fall in love with this amazing Tawa Mushroom Hara Pyaza. The recipe uses the simplest of kitchen ingredients that are available at home, with simply awesome results. And what's there not to like about crispy and delicious spring onions or chewy, soft mushrooms?
(Also Read: 5 Amazing Reasons to Add Mushrooms to Your Daily Meals)
The Tawa Mushroom Hara Pyaza makes use of three different kinds of onions - cubes red onions, fresh green or spring onions as well as caramelised or browned onions. Button mushrooms get a whole new edge of awesomeness with these three onions added to it. The recipe can be made in a pan as well, instead of a tawa. With the choicest of spices and an eclectic mix of condiments, the Tawa Mushroom Hara Pyaza recipe will surprise your family and leave them savouring every bite.
- 200 gms fresh button mushroom
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cut fresh button mushroom in half.
- Heat oil on a non stick tawa.
- Fry garlic, green chilli, onion and mushroom for 5 minutes.
- Add powdered spices and salt. Pour some water to mix spices well.
- Add tamarind paste, tomato and spring onion.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze half a lemon and garnish with fresh coriander.