Would you agree if we say eggs are man's best friend?! Trust us, they indeed are. An egg or two is enough to put together a wholesome meal in just no time. The best part is egg is versatile to the core. From a wholesome egg curry for lunch to quick fried eggs for snacking - we get a myriad of egg-based recipes everywhere. But what stands out in the lot is a humble boiled egg. And when we say boiled egg, it instantly reminds us of breakfast. Boiled egg is quick, easy, healthy and makes a perfect choice to start the day with. You can have it as is or pair with veggies to make salad or with bread to make sandwich and more. But let us tell you, boiling egg is not as easy as it seems. That's right. To get the perfectly boiled eggs of your choice, you need know how long to boil the same. For instance, to get hard-boiled egg, boil it for eight minutes and soft-boiled ones need just six minutes to get prepared. Much interesting, isn't it?
Now that you got the hack to make perfectly boiled egg, how about making a delicious toast with it?! Here we bring a recipe that will help you prepare a delicious breakfast in not more than six to seven minutes. This recipe has been shared by celebrity chef Anahita Dhondy. Let's take a look:
Quick Breakfast Recipe: How To Make 6-Minute Soft Boiled Egg Toast:
- To make this dish, you need eggs, sourdough, butter, any spread of your choice, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Find the recipe below:
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Gently place the eggs, still in their shell, into the water.
- Set a timer and cook for 6 minutes exactly. This will yield a runny yolk but a set white.
- Remove the cooked eggs from the water and place them in an ice bath and add a teaspoon of vinegar, this makes it easier to peel.
- Toast your bread in a pan with some butter until it gets some colour.
- To assemble, smear your spread on the toast followed by some lettuce, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes then finished off with two soft-boiled peeled eggs.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper for taste and serve immediately.
Watch the complete recipe video of 6-minute soft boiled egg toast here:
For more such quick breakfast recipes, click here.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.