Who doesn't get hunger pangs? And, if you can relate to this question then, read on. Reason? Because we have a quick recipe that can come in handy. So, here's a yummy snack that can be prepared in a short span of time. We are talking about bread upma. All you need is some bread slices along with a few other homely ingredients to make this. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shared a recipe for delectable bread upma on Instagram and it would surely leave you drooling. Check it out.
Bread Upma Recipe I How To Make Bread Upma
1) 10-12 white bread slices
2) Oil - 2 tablespoons
3) Mustard seeds - 1/2 tablespoons
4) Chana dal - 1 tablespoon
5) Urad dal - 1 tablespoon
6) Finely chopped onions
7) Curry leaves - 8-10
8) Green chillies - 1 tablespoon
9) Cashew nuts - 8-12
10) Turmeric - 1/2 tablespoon
11) Red chilli powder - 1/2 tablespoon
12) Pepper powder - 1/2 tablespoon
13) Tomatoes (finely chopped)
14) Water (2 tablespoons)
15) Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
How to make bread upma?
1. First of all, cut bread slices into small cubes and keep them aside.
2. Heat some oil in a pan, and put mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal. Keep sauteing until it turns light golden.
3. Add chopped onions, curry leaves, and green chillies and again, mix well. Add cashew nuts and saute well. After this, put spices including turmeric, red chilli powder and pepper powder. Mix well.
4) Finally, add chopped tomatoes and cook them nicely. In the end, add the bread cubes and blend them well with the masala you prepared. Once done, top bread poha with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Take a look:
(Also Read: The Humble Upma, 3 Delicious Ways)
Chef Pankaj Bhadouria keeps sharing various interesting snack recipes that you can quickly rustle up whenever hungry. Previously, she showed how to make scrumptious paneer kathi rolls. For this, prepare the filling first. Heat some oil in a pan, and put chopped onion, and capsicum along with spices like red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, turmeric and salt. Add tomato puree, paneer, and ginger garlic paste and cook for a few minutes. Keep the paneer gravy aside. Knead the dough using all-purpose flour, salt, water and oil. Break the dough and roll out sheets (rounded). Cook the flatbread, and spread some fiery green chutney on top. Assemble paneer gravy and top it with slices of onions, shredded processed cheese and mint leaves. Fold and wrap the kathi roll.
(Also Read: 5 Upma Recipes For Breakfast)
Do enjoy these dishes at home whenever you feel like snacking and do refer to these recipes for guidance.