Turmeric has found an unparalleled following in the world of health and nutrition. While the vibrant spice has been an Indian kitchen staple for a thousand years, turmeric is also becoming a rage in the Western world for its rich medicinal properties. Coined as one of the most powerful spices to boost immunity, turmeric is also an excellent pain-reliever. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties that could help heal pain and internal trauma. In fact, till today, if you happen to have an injury, at some point you would be advised to have a glass of haldi milk for relief. In addition to immunity and pain relief, turmeric also happens to be an intrinsic part of our desi skin-care rituals. Another study claimed that the active compound curcumin found in turmeric could help improve brain activity in Alzheimer's patients.
(Also Read: Turmeric Mask for Skin: One Ingredient, Many Miraculous Benefits)
One of the most common ways to make the most of turmeric is by drinking a tall glass of turmeric milk. But, if you are not so much of a milk fan, we have got something that would interest you too. This Detox Haldi or Turmeric Tea is a treasure trove of various health benefits. If you are a herbal tea fan and are looking to cleanse yourself from the toxin overload, this turmeric tea is a perfect pick.
Here Are A Few Reasons Why You Can Consider Making It A Regular Part Of Your Diet:
Benefits Of Detox Turmeric Tea
1. A glance over the ingredients used in this tea will tell you that it doesn't get healthier and power-packed than this. Turmeric, black pepper, honey and ginger are teeming with anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties that help keep cold and cough at bay.
2. The detox tea helps cleanse liver and enables better liver function.
(Also Read: Turmeric (Haldi) For Diabetes: How To Use The Wonder Spice To Manage Blood Sugar Levels)
Turmeric has found an unparalleled following in the world of health and nutrition.
3. Both turmeric and ginger can do wonders for digestion. A healthy digestion is key to faster metabolism and weight loss.
4. Turmeric can also do wonders for diabetes management. According to experts, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin may help delay the onset of type 2 diabetes in people with pre-diabetes. It is also known to boost insulin activity. However, if your blood sugar levels are mostly erratic, it is best to consult your doctor before making this a part of your regime.
(Also Read: A Secret Ingredient That Turmeric Milk is Incomplete Without)
5. Detoxing helps boost skin health. It cleanses and rejuvenates your skin pores from within and gives you a healthy, nourished skin. Turmeric is also known to combat free-radical activity and prevent ageing.
Here's the recipe of the detox Haldi Tea. Try brewing it at home and let us know how you liked it.