- Stay clean and dry
- Using proper sun protection, sunscreens with SPF 30 - 50.Just in case your skin trouble has gone a little too out of hands, Dr. Navin Taneja shares with us some of the common skin diseases and ways to treat them at home.(Fruit for Your Skin: 5 Homemade Orange Peel Face Packs)
- The prickly heat will go in a couple of days unless the rash gets infected by scratching it.
- Wear loose cotton and linen clothing.
- Calamine lotion may help to ease the itching.
Nail infection: Nails are at risk of fungal infections during monsoon season. They become discoloured, brittle and dull. Try not to keep long nails during the rainy season as they attract muck, thereby leading to fungal infection.
- Use anti-fungal cream or powder.(How to Treat an Uneven Tan)
Psoriasis: A condition in which red patches start appearing on the skin.
- Aloe vera is beneficial for skin diseases caused by rain.
- Opt for some home remedy like a mixture of gram flour, rose water and milk.
- Use anti-bacterial soaps, talcum powder and face wash.(Skin Care Tips for Beauty: In Your 20's)
Athlete's foot: Painful fungal infection generally caused by ill-fitting and wet shoes.
One should not wear plastic shoes, leather or canvas ones and instead wear slippers and flip-flops as they let your feet breathe.
- Wear washed cotton socks and keep feet clean and dry.Inputs from IANS