Summer Hair Care Tips:
1. Tie your hair while heading out, take a scarf if possible.
2. In case you wear a cap ensure that you wash it regularly. Sweat and dirt usually gets accumulated in the insides of your cap and can cause infection, irritation and itchiness in scalp.
3. Keep your scalp dandruff free.
4. Keep yourself hydrated and add ingredients and food items that can strengthen your hair. Drink lots of fluids and include lots of fresh green veggies and fruits in your diet.
5. Use oil sparingly. Too much oiling can also trigger scalp issues in humid condition.
6. Go for herbal and hydrating shampoo and conditioner that can battle the excessive drying of hair that happens in summer. Ditch artificial colour and steer clear of styling treatments such ironing or blow drying as well as cosmetics.
For that extra boost of nourishment to your summer hair care regime, we suggests some DIY hair masks and packs that can easily be made in the comfort of your home.
DIY Hair Masks
Believe it or not, ingredients like eggs, curd and multani mitti can work wonders for hair. Mix three tablespoons of multani mitti with an egg along with lemon juice, gooseberry juice and a tablespoon of beer. Apply it on your scalp and hair; keep for about 20-minutes. Wash off with herbal shampoo.
- You can also blend a mashed banana along with a spoonful of honey, make a paste and apply on the length of your hair, keep for 15-20 minutes and wash off.
- Mix one egg with curd (two tablespoon), add few drops of mustard oil, lemon juice (one lemon); apply on the scalp and hair. Shampoo it off after 10 minutes.