Hygiene is possibly the first parameter we check while choosing an eatery to dine out. This is why, you would find many people opting for restaurants - instead of street side stalls - hoping to meet the hygiene level. But, have you ever checked what happens inside a professional kitchen? What if you find fault in the kitchen? We recently came across one such news where a person was left in shock while dining at a KFC outlet in Newport, South Wales. Why? It's because he found a spider inside his KFC chicken wrap, reports South Wales Argus. According to the news daily, the man, named Luke Hatherall, discovered the dead arthropod on the lettuce, after taking a big bite of his meal.
Also Read: Woman Claims To Find Worm In Food At A Vegetarian Restaurant in Chennai
Luke Hatherall allegedly brought to the attention of the staff at the outlet about the contaminated food, but it seems that his complaints fell on deaf ears. "The manager didn't seem to care at all, offered me a refund, of course, but the way they acted was as if it happens all the time," he said, as per multiple news reports. Hatherall further stated that it was not the food, but the reaction from the staff that "annoyed" him even more. Appalled by the incident, the 22-year-old decided to never visit a KFC restaurant again.
According to a report in the metro.co.uk, the company soon took the incident into consideration. A KFC spokesperson apologised for the experience and stressed that have strict rules in place to ensure hygiene at all the outlets.
In another report in the Mirror, this KFC outlet in Newport, South Wales received a two-star rating (out of five) after an inspection was conducted by the food hygiene officers in February 2023.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.