Fruits are a must-have in your diet, and there is no denying their immense benefits. Apart from the fruits that are available all year round, seasonal fruits are a good way to boost immunity. Whether it's litchi or custard apple or even raspberry, seasonal fruits are a storehouse of good health and immunity. Malaika Arora recently shared a picture of mulberry on her Instagram stories, and we couldn't help but wish for a bite of the dark-coloured fruit. Take a look:
"It's the season," wrote Malaika Arora while sharing a click of mulberry. These berries are available in India through October and November right before winter season. The overly sweet taste and sticky texture of mulberry make it perfect for all sorts of delicacies such as sharbats, jams, pies, squashes and tarts. However, not many are aware that the humble berry also offers a range of surprising health benefits.
Here Are 5 Reasons To Eat Mulberry While It's In Season:
1. Mulberries are great for weight loss and there are multiple reasons why. They are made up mostly of water and are extremely low in calorie content. Also, mulberries are enriched with fibre, which helps maintain a healthy digestive system too.
2. The high Vitamin C content in mulberries makes it a must-consume for good immunity and overall health and well-being.
3. Did you know mulberries are enriched with iron too? A 100 gram serving of mulberries can provide up to 10% of your daily requirement, which helps distribute oxygen throughout the body and boosts the production of red blood cells too.
4. Mulberries have a good quantity of antioxidants which are anti-ageing compounds that also nourish skin and hair.
5. Lastly, mulberry promotes good heart health due to good amount of potassium, which may help lower blood pressure too.
So, take notes from Malaika Arora and binge on mulberries today!
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.