How to make Ajwaini Chakli
Recipe Servings: 8
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Ajwaini Chakli Recipe | Muruku Recipe: Muruku or Chakli as popularly known in Maharashtra is an all-day crispy snack made of rice flour, and piped in hot oil in a round shape.
Ingredients of Ajwaini Chakli
- 2 Cups Rice flour
- 1 Cup Gram flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 Tbsp Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 60 Ml Canola oil
- 400 Ml Water
How to Make Ajwaini Chakli
- 1.In bowl, mix both flours.
- 2.Add salt, red chilly powder, black pepper, heeng and ajwain.
- 3.Pour canola oil and mix with a light hand.
- 4.Now add water and make into dough. Do not over knead the dough or knead stiff dough.
- 5.Heat canola oil in Kadhai until medium hot.
- 6.Now place dough in the chakli press and in quick round motion, make chaklis on oiled surface.
- 7.Carefully pick chakli and deep-fry until crisp. Serve.
Once you have mastered the chakli, you can also directly shape the chakli in the Kadhai.
Rice flour, Gram flour
, Red chilly powder, Black pepper (crushed), Heeng (asafoetida), Ajwain (carom seeds), Canola oil, Water