How to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins
About Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe: These muffins are great for breakfast on-the-go or as a mid-day snack. The apples add a rich, sweet-tart, spicy flavor.
Ingredients of Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, grated
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup apples (cored and grated), peeled
- 8 oz low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1.Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- 2.Grease 24 3-inch (7.5-cm) muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- 3.In large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest and nutmeg.
- 4.With pastry blender or fork, cut in 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 5.In medium bowl combine apple, yogurt and eggs.
- 6.Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until centres spring back when gently pressed.
- 7.Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes.
- 8.Remove from pan and cool until able to handle.
- 9.Meanwhile, melt remaining butter.
- 10.In small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 11.To serve, brush tops of muffins with butter and roll top in cinnamon-sugar mixture
Key Ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest, ground nutmeg, butter or margarine, apples (cored and grated), low fat vanilla yogurt, eggs (beaten), ground cinnamon