About Asparagus Quiche Recipe: A creamy asparagus quiche with a crispy crust. It's a perfect Sunday brunch dish.
Ingredients of Asparagus Quiche
- 250 gms flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 gms butter
- 1 Egg yolk (mixed with 2 Tbsp iced water)
- For asparagus filling:
- 110 gms tinned asparagus or a fresh bunch
- 100 gms cheese, grated
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- to taste salt and pepper
- Beans to bake blind
How to Make Asparagus Quiche
- 1.In a large bowl sift the flour and salt.
- 2.Add the diced butter and cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles large breadcrumbs.
- 3.Add the yolk mixture and make dough. Wrap the dough and chill for half an hour.
- 4.Roll out the dough on a floured surface and place it in a dish.
- 5.Line the pastry with foil and then fill it with beans and bake blind for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove from the oven, discard the foil and the beans and keep aside.
- 6.Sprinkle some of the grated cheese on the half baked pastry arrange the asparagus on the dish.
- 7.Mix the eggs, milk, cream, mustard powder, salt and pepper and pour over the asparagus, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the quiche and bake for about 35 minutes or till done.
Key Ingredients: flour, salt, butter, Egg yolk (mixed with 2 Tbsp iced water), tinned asparagus or a fresh bunch, cheese, Eggs, milk, cream, mustard powder, salt and pepper, Beans to bake blind