How to make Baqarkhani Roti
Dough made out of eclectic ingredients - flour, baking powder, ghee, milk, raisins, almonds and kewra, baked crisp.
Ingredients of Baqarkhani Roti
- Oven Temp: 375 F-190 C
- 4 Cups Refined flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
- 1 Cup Almonds, sliced
- 1 tsp Screw pine (kewra) essence
- To sprinkle Poppy seeds (khus khus)
How to Make Baqarkhani Roti
- 1.Mix together the flour, baking powder, 1 cup ghee, salt, sugar, milk, raisins, almonds and kewra and knead to a firm dough, using some water if required.
- 2.Cover and leave to rest for an hour.
- 3.Break the dough up into 10-12 rounds and roll into 1/8" rounds.
- 4.Brush rounds with ghee and sprinkle some poppy seeds.
- 5.Lift one edge and fold 1/3.
- 6.Fold the opposite edge to come up above the folded edge.
- 7.Smear a little more ghee over the folded part and sprinkle some poppy seeds too.
- 8.Now fold the narrow edges 1/3, from one side and then the opposite side to come over it. Forms a square.
- 9.Roll the square 1/8" thick, brush with some ghee and bake in a pre-heated oven till crisp and brown. Serve.
Refined flour, Baking powder, Ghee, Salt
, Screw pine (kewra) essence, Poppy seeds (khus khus)