Bhein Ke Kebab Recipe
How to make Bhein Ke Kebab
Here's the recipe of an ideal party starter. Kebabs made with the distinctive flavors of lotus stems, chana dal and mild spices.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings10
Ingredients of Bhein Ke Kebab
- Makes 12 cocktail kebabs
- 2 large kamal kakri (bhein/lotus stem)-washed and sliced
- 1 cup chana daal
- 2 black cardamoms-seeds only
- 2 tsp ginger-chopped fine
- 1 tsp garlic-peeled and chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt or to taste green chillies-chopped fine to taste
- 2 Tbsp onions-chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp coriander-chopped
- 2 Tbsp ghee/oil to pan-fry
- Onion rings and lemon wedges to garnish
How to Make Bhein Ke KebabHideShow Media
Place kamal kakri, daal, elaichi, ginger and garlic in a pan with about 1 cup water (should be absorbed by the time it is cooked).
Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook, covered till soft.
Remove from heat and when cool grind to a thick dough-like paste.
Mix the salt, chillies, onions and coriander and form into small flat rounds (about 1").
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and pan-fry on both sides till brown.
Serve hot garnished with the onion rings an lemon wedges, with a green chutney on the side.
You can make kale chane ke kabab in the same way, using only boiled and mashed kala chana instead of bhein and daal.