How To Make Bikaneri Gehun Dal Ki Khichdi
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Bikaneri Gehun Dal Ki Khichdi Recipe: A yummy, wholesome and comforting khichdi, topped with a tempting tempering of red chilli, hing and cumin.
Ingredients of Bikaneri Gehun Dal Ki Khichdi
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat
- 3-4 Tbsp yellow moong dal
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- To taste salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- ghee (for cooking)
- coriander leaves (optional)
How to Make Bikaneri Gehun Dal Ki Khichdi
- 1.Soak wheat kernels overnight. Blend to make coarse, grainy paste.
- 2.Soak moong dal for one hour in advance.
- 3.Combine wheat and dal in a pressure cooker. Add some water, turmeric powder and salt, and cook.
- 4.Make a tempering of cumin seeds, green chilli, red chilli and hing. Pour it over the cooked khichdi.
- 5.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Key Ingredients: whole wheat, yellow moong dal, green chilli, whole red chilli, jeera, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, ghee (for cooking), coriander leaves (optional)