Buckwheat Tabbouleh Recipe
Seema Jindal Jijodia - the 'cereal' killer experiments with buckwheat and tosses up a traditional middle eastern salad called Tabbouleh.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings6
Ingredients of Buckwheat Tabbouleh
- 1 cup uncooked buckwheat
- 1 large bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 2-3 organic tomatoes, diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin or zatar
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Buckwheat TabboulehHideShow Media
Cook buckwheat with 500 ml water in a rice cooker. Once cooked, rinse well with cold water and let drain.
Place parsley, mint, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes and buckwheat into a large salad bowl. Set aside.
In a liquidizer, blend lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and apple until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss with the buckwheat salad and serve.