Story ProgressBack to home
Cardamom Biscotti Recipe
These crunchy delights are filled with the fragrance of cardamom and fills the room with warm flavours as it bakes in the oven. Quick to bake, make a batch for your grandmum the next time you visit her.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Cardamom Biscotti
- 500 gm of white butter
- 300 gm of brown sugar
- 500 gm of desiccated coconut
- 650 gm of whole wheat flour
- 60 gm of green cardamom powder
- 100 gm of chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp of baking powder
- 2 Tbsp of baking soda
- 100 ml saffron water
How to Make Cardamom BiscottiHideShow Media
1. Gather and weigh all ingredients.
2. In a mixing bowl, with a hand blender or kneader, whip the butter and sugar together until it forms a creamy consistency.
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients and knead the dough together.
4. Form into a rectangular cube (cuboid) shape with a width of three centimeters. Let it set in a deep freezer for a couple of hours. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
5. Once the dough is set properly, take it out and cut into thin (about 1.5 cm thick) and equal slices.
6. Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes on a tray, or until they are lightly browned and crunchy.