How to make Chicken in White Wine and Garlic
About Chicken in White Wine Recipe: Tender chunks of chicken and bacon tossed in the flavors of garlic and white wine. Full of flavor and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients of Chicken in White Wine
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 50 gms plain flour
- 4 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 4 rashers lean bacon, chopped
- 10-12 small onions or shallots (cut in half)
- 180 gms mushrooms, sliced
- 25 gms butter
- 500 gms boneless and skinless chicken breasts (chopped into 3cm pieces)
- 300 ml dry white wine
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Fresh thyme sprigs (washed or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
How to Make Chicken in White Wine
- 1.Preheat the oven to 200C.
- 2.Mix the pepper with the flour and coat the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- 3.Set aside.
- 4.Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of oil and when it becomes hot, tip in the bacon. Fry until it becomes brown.
- 5.Then tip in the onions and fry till they turn golden brown on the outside. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes.
- 6.Transfer the bacon, onions and mushrooms into a heatproof casserole dish with a lid.
- 7.Add the remaining oil and the butter in the frying pan and fry the chicken 5-7 minutes until it is browned on the outside. Place the chicken in the casserole with the vegetables.
- 8.Pour the wine into the frying pan and bring to the boil scraping any sediment from the bottom of the pan, then pour over the ingredients in the casserole.
- 9.Place the chicken stock, garlic, bay leaves and thyme in the fry pan and bring to the boil.
- 10.Add the stock and herbs to the chicken.
- 11.Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
- 12.Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots.
Key Ingredients: black pepper, plain flour, olive or sunflower oil, rashers lean bacon, onions or shallots (cut in half), mushrooms, butter, boneless and skinless chicken breasts (chopped into 3cm pieces), dry white wine, Chicken or vegetable stock, garlic cloves, Bay leaves, Fresh thyme sprigs (washed or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)