How to make Chocolate Appo
About Chocolate Appo Recipe: A delicious dessert to relish on special and festive occasions. This is also known as Paniyaram in south Indian cuisine. Chocolate appo is made with ground rice and grated coconut along with cinnamon and chocolate chips. A delicious dessert to prepare at home for kids parties.
Ingredients of Chocolate Appo
- 3/4 Cup rice
- 3 tbsp coconut, grated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp butter
How to Make Chocolate Appo
- 1.Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2.Drain the water of the rice completely and grind it.
- 3.Keep the grated coconut ready and add water to form a medium thick batter. Make sure the consistency of the batter is similar to any dosa / pancake batter.
- 4.Transfer this to a bowl and add vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and mix it well.
- 5.Keep this batter aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6.Before using it, add baking powder to the batter and mix well.
- 7.Heat appam pan and add little butter / ghee / oil into all the moulds.
- 8.Pour a teaspoon of appo batter in each mold, add 3 to 4 chocolate chips and top it with another teaspoon of batter.
- 9.Cover the pan with a lid to allow it to cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- 10.When the edges are cooked, flip the appos, add some butter and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes.
- 11.Repeat the process for remaining batter.
- 12.To make the recipe look more interesting you can dip some appos in chocolate powder or semolina suji or coconut powder.
- 13.Chocolate Appo is ready to serve.
Key Ingredients: rice, coconut, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, chocolate chips, butter