How to make Cottage Cheese Souvlaki
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
On a skewer, tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and cottage cheese and marinated and grilled crisp brown.
Ingredients of Cottage Cheese Souvlaki
- 150 gms cottage cheese
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini
- 6 medium button mushrooms
- For the Marinade:
- Few oregano leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- For Garnish:
- parsley, chopped
- 4-5 olives
How to Make Cottage Cheese Souvlaki
- 1.Cut all the tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and cottage cheese into squares so it is easy to skewer them.
- 2.Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside.
- 3.Skewer all the veggies along with the cottage cheese alternatively on the skewers.
- 4.Pour the marinade on the vegetables and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 5.Season with salt and pepper and grill on a barbeque, grill pan, or on a tawa.
- 6.You can also brush the marinade over the veggies while barbequing them.
- 7.Grill the vegetables till they are brown and slightly soft.
- 8.Use the leftover marinade as a dip for the skewers.
- 9.Prep time 7-8 minutes.
Key Ingredients: cottage cheese, onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, button mushrooms, Few oregano leaves, black pepper, lemons (juiced), parsley, olives