How To Make Dangar Chutney
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Dangar Chutney Recipe: A sweet and spicy chutney made with shallots, chillies, jaggery, tamarind and more! Dangar chutney is enough to make boring meals a flavorful affair.
Ingredients of Dangar Chutney
- 1 Cup shallots, chopped
- 6-8 Red chillies (preferably Guntur chilli)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-6 Curry leaves
- 1.5 tsp tamarind pulp/paste
- 2 tsp jaggery powder/crushed jaggery
- Oil (as needed)
- Salt (as needed)
How to Make Dangar Chutney
- 1.Add oil in a kadhai, and add mustard seeds, red chillies, garlic and shallots to it. Fry till the shallots turn translucent in colour.
- 2.Add curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cook with some water.
- 3.Add tamarind paste and cook. Lower the flame and add jaggery to it.
- 4.Cook till everything turns thick. Transfer it to a container and store.
Key Ingredients: shallots, Red chillies (preferably Guntur chilli), garlic cloves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mustard seeds , Curry leaves, tamarind pulp/paste, jaggery powder/crushed jaggery , Oil (as needed), Salt (as needed)