Dhuli Masoor ki Daal Recipe
How to make Dhuli Masoor ki Daal
A hearty mix of red lentils tempered with Indian spices that can be enjoyed with rice, roti and even bread.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Dhuli Masoor ki Daal
- 1 cup (180 g) dhuli masoor ki daal
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric)
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/8 tsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp powdered dhania (coriander seeds)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp chopped hara dhania (coriander leaves) for garnish
How to Make Dhuli Masoor ki DaalHideShow Media
Clean and wash the lentils and place them in a heavy pan. Add 3 cups of water, haldi, ginger and salt.
Place the pan over high heat, partially covered, and cook till tender.
Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan and add the heeng and the jeera. When they begin to splutter add the chopped onions.
Sauté till the onions are brown, add the tomatoes and stir fry till the fat separates.
Add the dhania, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and add the daal and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 1 minute.
Garnish with the coriander leaves, and serve hot.