How to make Fresh Water Chestnut Panacotta with Pecan nut and Honeycomb
A healthy dessert option with a nutty twist. You wouldn't turn to anything else after this unique and delicious Panacotta recipe.
Ingredients of Fresh Water Chestnut Panacotta with Pecan nut and Honeycomb
- 375 Ml Cooking cream
- 150 Ml Milk
- 175 Gram Chestnut puree
- 1 Nos Orange rind
- A pinch of Cinnamon powder
- 7 Gram Gelatine Leaves
- For Honeycomb:
- 50 Gram Honey
- 125 Gram Glucose
- 15 Gram Baking soda
- 325 Gram Sugar
- 60 Ml Water
How to Make Fresh Water Chestnut Panacotta with Pecan nut and Honeycomb
- 1.Combine cream, milk, chestnut puree, orange rind, cinnamon powder in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- 2.Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 2-3 mins or until soft. Drain the excess water and add to the milk mixture.
- 3.Strain mixture through a fine sieve in a jug and allow it cool. Then divide the mixture in to small glasses and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Mix all the ingredients except baking soda.
- 4.Cook until the syrup turns light amber in colour.
- 5.Turn off the heat and quickly add baking soda. Stir well to combine. Pour the mixture in to the greased tin and allow it to cool.
- 6.Cut in to desired shape and serve with panacotta.
Cooking cream, Milk
, Chestnut puree, Orange rind, Cinnamon powder, Gelatine Leaves, Honey
, Glucose, Baking soda, Sugar