How to make Ganthia (Chickpea Snack)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ganthia is a popular Gujarati snack made by frying besan strips in piping hot oil. It tastes best when paired up with dried chilli or pickle.
Ingredients of Ganthia (Chickpea Snack)
- 1 Cup besan(gram flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ajwain(carom seeds)
- for deep-frying a sev making machine oil
How to Make Ganthia (Chickpea Snack)
- 1.Mix besan, salt, chilli powder, turmeric and ajwain.
- 2.Add water and mix into a stiff dough.
- 3.Place dough in the sev making machine, fixed with a thick sev plate.
- 4.Heat oil and press out the ganthia in a circular motion.
- 5.Then turn over and fry till crisp, but avoiding to let it brown.
- 6.Lift out of the oil, drain on absorbent paper and store in an airtight jar.
Key Ingredients: besan(gram flour), salt, chilli powder, turmeric, ajwain(carom seeds), oil