Ghiya Malaiwala Recipe
Thoroughly cooked bottle gourd served with cream. Call it ghiya, lauki or bottle gourd. This cream style ghiya recipe is a hit on the dining table.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Ghiya Malaiwala
- 2 cups (500 g) ghiya/ lauki (bottle gourd), peeled and cut into small pieces, 1 1/2cms/ 3/4" thick
- 2 Tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 g) malai (clotted cream)
- 2 Tbsp chopped hara dhania (coriander leaves )
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green chillies for garnish
How to Make Ghiya MalaiwalaHideShow Media
Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan and add the jeera.
When they begin to splutter, add the vegetables and the salt and turn around a few times over high heat, till they look glossy.
Lower the heat, cover and let cook till tender.
Add the cream, mix well and serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves and chillies.