How to make Gnocchi
About Gnocchi Recipe: A true blue Italian dish, Gnocchi is a delicious dumpling-like dish that has a mild, delicate flavour. It is a versatile dish that can be served as a side dish as well as a main one. This gnocchi recipe is a tricolor special, made with saffron cream sauce tht is poured atop.
Ingredients of Gnocchi
- For Gnocchi:
- 2 nos potatoes
- 100 gms refined flour
- 2 nos egg
- salt (as per taste)
- For Saffron Cream Sauce:
- 100 ml milk
- 1 gms saffron
- 30 ml cream
- 20 gms parmesan cheese
- 10 gms butter
- 10 gms refined flour
How to Make Gnocchi
- Prepare Gnocchi:
- 1.Take mixing bowl add refined flour mash potatoes and eggs.
- 2.Kneed well until smooth and soft.
- Prepare soft dumplings:
- 1.Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add dumplings cook for 3 to 5 minutes until gnocchi have risen to the top. Drain and serve.
- 2.Prepare Saffron cream sauce:
- 3.Take sauce pan, warm some olive oil add butter.
- 4.After melting butter add refined flour cook until light brown.
- 5.Add milk and heat well adds some parmesan cheese and saffron.
- For serving:
- 1.Plate boiled gnocchi on plate add saffron cream sauce on top.
Key Ingredients: potatoes, refined flour, egg, salt (as per taste), milk, saffron, cream, parmesan cheese, butter, refined flour