How to make Saffron Gnocchi With Plum Tomato Sauce
About Saffron Gnocchi With Plum Tomato Sauce Recipe: A super delicious and innovative recipe packed with the goodness of a host of veggies with flavourful spices tossed in.
Ingredients of Saffron Gnocchi With Plum Tomato Sauce
- 300 gms potato
- 50 gms pasta flour
- 5 gram sea salt
- 10 gms egg yolk
- 25 gms semolina (for dusting)
- 1 gram saffron
- 500 gms cherry tomato
- 50 gms asparagus
- 50 gms Bocconcinni
- 30 gms parmesan cheese
- 20 gms pine nut toasted
- 15 gms butter
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 gram basil
How to Make Saffron Gnocchi With Plum Tomato Sauce
- 1.To start the dish, make the gnocchi. Use a steam oven or traditional steamer to cook the whole potatoes until tender. Depending on the size of the potato, this should take between 45-75 minutes.
- 2.While the potatoes are steaming, make the sauce. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes and warm the olive oil in a heavy-based pan.
- 3.Add the tomatoes, season with salt and allow to stew gently, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes have broken down completely - this will take 45-60 minutes. Then blitz the sauce with a hand blender to emulsify. Season to taste and set aside.
- 4.When the potatoes are tender and while still warm, peel using a small sharp knife and pass the flesh through a potato ricer or mouli.
- 5.Sift together the flour and salt, then sprinkle half over the potato. Drizzle over the egg yolk, saffron and then scatter over the remaining flour.
- 6.Knead the dough properly.
- 7.Roll one of the dough portions out into a long sausage, measuring around 1.5 cm in thickness. Cut into 1 cm long pieces before rolling each piece into a ball.
- 8.Form grooves onto each gnocchi using a grooved gnocchi board or the back of a large fork.
- 9.Place the finished gnocchi onto a tray dusted with semolina to prevent sticking, and then repeat this process with the remaining dough portions.
- 10.To cook the gnocchi, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add a tablespoon of salt. Reduce to a simmer and add the gnocchi.
- 11.When the gnocchi floats to the surface, cook for 1 more minute before removing with a slotted spoon.
- 12.Transfer the gnocchi into a hot pan with a good dash of olive oil and cook to achieve an evenly golden-brown finish.
- 13.Gently reheat the sauce in a separate pan and stir in the gnocchi and basil leaves, asparagus, add to the gnocchi and season to taste.
- 14.Divide the gnocchi between bowls, then add the bocconcinni and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Key Ingredients: potato, pasta flour, sea salt, egg yolk, semolina (for dusting), saffron, cherry tomato, asparagus, Bocconcinni, parmesan cheese, pine nut toasted, butter, olive oil, basil