How to make Heeng Roasted Pumpkin
Marinated and baked, pumpkin pieces are doused with a delicious yogurt dressing.
Ingredients of Heeng Roasted Pumpkin
- 500 Gram Butternut squash/pumpkin
- Marinade for pumpkin:
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 1 tsp Grain mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Brown sugar
- As per taste Salt
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- A pinch of Heeng
- For the yogurt dressing:
- 2 tbsp Hung curd
- 2 Garlic cloves, roasted
- A pinch of Cumin seed powder, roasted
- 2 tsp Cardamon powder
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 1 tsp Sumac powder
- 4-5 Basil leaves
How to Make Heeng Roasted Pumpkin
- 1.Cut the pumpkin in quarters, don't bother peeling it, its easier to peel after it is cooked.
- 2.Blend all the ingredients to a smoothie.
- 3.In a baking tray, place the wedges of pumpkin and pour the marinade all over and massage the pumpkin.
- 4.Bake for 30 min @ 180 °C.
- 5.Rest the pumpkin until it is cool enough to handle for peeling and slicing.
- 6.Peel and slice the pumpkin, arrange on a plate/tray.
- 7.Pour the dressing/sauce over the pumpkin.
- Prepare the Roasted Garlic:
- 1.Season a whole garlic with a pinch of salt and olive oil.
- 2.Wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 3.Pick out the cloves and puree and mix in with the yoghurt and spices. Serve.
Key Ingredients: Butternut squash/pumpkin, Thyme, Grain mustard, Olive oil, Smoked paprika, Brown sugar, Salt , Cinnamon powder, White pepper, Heeng, Hung curd, Garlic cloves, Cumin seed powder, Cardamon powder, Black salt, Sumac powder, Basil leaves