How to make Kadaknath Chicken Curry
Recipe Servings: 2
Difficulty Level: Medium
Kadaknath curry is a village style chicken curry recipe made with tender pieces of black chicken and very light masala. It is eaten with a crispy and thin roti so that the flavour and texture of the chicken stand out.
Ingredients of Kadaknath Chicken Curry
- 500 Gram Kadaknath chicken
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- to taste Salt
- 3 tsp podi powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 5-6 seeds Fenugreek
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Coconut Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
How to Make Kadaknath Chicken Curry
- 1.Heat a pan and add oil, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- 2.When mustard splutters, add curry leaves, chopped onions, salt, turmeric and fry for a few minutes.
- 3.When onion turns slightly brown, add ginger-garlic paste and salt, fry for a few seconds (until the raw smell is gone).
- 4.Add kadaknath chicken and half a cup of water. Cook the chicken until done, it would take about 12-15 minutes approximately. Add tomatoes once the chicken is cooked.
- 5.Add 3 teaspoons of Daily Samayal's special karimasala Podi powder and tomato puree.
- 6.Add ground coconut paste to this mixture and allow it cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- 7.Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then serve with hot rice or chapatis.
Adding too much water would spoil the taste, adding water until the chicken pieces are fully immersed would be the right amount.
Onion (chopped), Tomato Puree
, Ginger-Garlic paste, Sesame Oil
, podi powder, Mustard, Fenugreek
, Curry leaves, Coconut Paste, Turmeric powder