How To Make Khatkhate
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Khatkhate Recipe: A delectable Konkan curry with coconut, toor dal, vegetables and tirphal, Khatkhati is a delight to relish during the winter season! To top it all, it uses absolutely no oil.
Ingredients of Khatkhate
- 50 gms pigeon peas (Toor Dal)
- 50 gms green peas
- 1 cup water
- Desired vegetables in desired proportions
- 1/2 coconut, grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Red chillies
- 1 piece small tamarind
- to taste salt
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 6 pcs Tirphala spice
How to Make Khatkhate
- 1.Soak pigeon peas (dal) in water for half an hour.
- 2.Put water, dal and green peas in pan and place on fire. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- 3.Now put the vegetables in the pan in the order of their tenderness, with the hardest going in first. Cook till vegetables get soft.
- 4.Grind coconut, turmeric powder, red chillies and tamarind to a paste.
- 5.Add paste to the boiled vegetables in the pan.
- 6.Add salt and jaggery. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 7.Add flattened triphala.
- 8.Khatkhate is ready. Serve as it is or with rice.
Key Ingredients: pigeon peas (Toor Dal), green peas, water, Desired vegetables in desired proportions, coconut, turmeric powder, Red chillies, tamarind, salt, jaggery, Tirphala spice