Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Kiwi Pavlova Recipe: Pavlova is New Zealand's national meringue based dessert. Here we whip up a version of a pavlova with a pistachio-almond meringue and kiwis.
Ingredients of Kiwi Pavlova
- 3 egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/4 cup almonds (slivered)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (crushed), powdered
- 2 kiwis (cut into rounds)
- Whipped cream
- Passion fruit syrup
How to Make Kiwi Pavlova
- 1.Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt till it becomes nice and fluffy.
- 2.Keep whipping till the peaks are formed.
- 3.Once they do add the sugar. Put it in gradually.
- 4.Whit it up again. Taste it add more sugar if required.
- 5.Once it becomes nice and stiff, pour it out gently on a butter paper.
- 6.Spread it evenly. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and pistachios.
- 7.Now separate the layer of meringue separate it delicately into squares before it goes into the oven.
- 8.Now put it in the oven at 80 degrees for 3 hours.
- 9.Once the meringue is ready, it will come out as hardened squares.
- For Plating:
- 1.Pour some whipped cream on a plate. Place a meringue square over it. Put some more cream over the meringue.
- 2.Drizzle some passion fruit syrup. This can be made with any juice, any fruit just reduce it with some sugar and water (1:1). Heat the fruit pulp, sugar and water togethar to make a thickish syrup.
- 3.Now top it with the kiwi rounds and finally place another piece of meringue over it.
- 4.Garnish with a little bit of more passion fruit.
Key Ingredients: egg whites, salt, sugar, almonds (slivered), pistachios (crushed), kiwis (cut into rounds), Whipped cream, Passion fruit syrup