How to make Kiwi Upside Down Cake
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Kiwi Upside Down Cake Recipe: Kiwi cake, never heard before? Try this unusual upside down cake with fresh kiwis and cherries.
Ingredients of Kiwi Upside Down Cake
- 3 kiwis, peeled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 refined flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Glazed cherries, as required
How to Make Kiwi Upside Down Cake
- 1.Preheat oven to 180° C.
- 2.Grease a spring bottom aluminium cake tin with oil. Spread brown sugar all over the base of the tin.
- 3.Slice 2 kiwis into thin roundels and arrange them over the brown sugar so as to cover the entire base.
- 4.Sieve refined flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- 5.Cut 1 kiwi into small pieces and mix in with the refined flour mixture.
- 6.Place butter in a large mixing bowl, add sugar and beat with a hand blender till the mixture becomes creamy and fluffy.
- 7.Add eggs and vanilla essence and beat again till well blended and light. Add the flour with the kiwi pieces and fold in well.
- 8.Put the batter over the kiwis in the cake tin, tap the tin lightly and then level the batter with a spatula.
- 9.Keep the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- 10.Take the tin out of the oven and turn over on a serving plate. Decorate with cherries and chill in the refrigerator. Cut into wedges and serve.
Key Ingredients: kiwis, oil, brown sugar, refined flour, baking powder, butter, powdered sugar, Eggs, vanilla essence, Glazed cherries, as required