How To Make Laal Maas
About Laal Maas Recipe: Laal Maas is a Rajasthani dish, fiery as ever, that you simply shouldn't miss! Here's a laal maas recipe packed with red chillies that you can try at home.
Ingredients of Laal Maas
- 600 gms Mutton (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 Black cardamoms (crushed)
- 4-5 Green cardamoms
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 3-4 Cloves
- 150 ml oil
- 5 Mathania whole red chilly
- 200 gms onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric paste
- 2 tsp Mathania (red chilli) paste
- to taste salt
- 200 gms yogurt
- for garnishing coriander sprig
- for garnishing lemon wedges
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
How to Make Laal Maas
- 1.Heat oil in a non-stick pressure cooker, to that add black cardamom, green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, whole mathania (red chilli) and bay leaf and sauté till its fragrant.
- 2.Add the onions and sauté till they turn light brown in colour. Then add the remaining ginger garlic paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 3.Add the lamb pieces to the onions and sauté on high heat for 10-15 minutes until the meat is seared properly.
- 4.Add turmeric powder, mathania (red chilly) paste, salt and sauté for 10 minutes.
- 5.Whisk the yoghurt and add into lamb and sauté on medium flame for 10 minutes, then keep it on simmer (slow flame) and let the mutton cook slowly. Add little water or stock if required at any stage. Adjust seasoning.
- 6.Once the lamb is cooked, transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprigs and a lemon wedge. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Mutton (cut into 1 inch pieces) , Black cardamoms (crushed), Green cardamoms , cumin powder, Cloves , oil, Mathania whole red chilly , onions, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric paste, Mathania (red chilli) paste, salt , yogurt, coriander sprig, lemon wedges, cinnamon, Bay leaf