Lahori Tawa Tali Machchli Recipe
How to make Lahori Tawa Tali Machchli
About Lahori Tawa Tali Machchli: Fish fillet pieces dipped in creamy mixture of rice flour, eggs, cornflour and spices, shallow fried and served with a dried dates sauce.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins 20 seconds
- Prep Time 10 mins 20 seconds
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Lahori Tawa Tali Machchli
- 700 Gram Hammour fish (fish fillet, without fat)
- To taste Salt
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Rce flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 3 Eggs
- 4-5 Lemons (juiced)
- 1 tsp Red food colouring
- 2 tsp Black cumin seeds (shahi jeera)
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 Cups Desi ghee (for frying)
- For the sauce:
- 100 Gram Dates (died)(chhuare)
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 Tbsp Chaat masala
- 2 tsp Chicken stock cubes
- 250 Gram Yogurt
How to Make Lahori Tawa Tali MachchliHideShow Media
Prepare the fish:
Cut fish fillet into 100 gm pieces, lengthwise.
Put salt, ginger-garlic paste on pieces. Leave aside for 10 minutes, then wash and strain excess water.
Put chopped ginger and garlic on fish pieces after washing.
Mix rice flour and cornflour. Then mix in the eggs. Also add lemon juice, red food colouring and mix well.
Add all the spices. Beat together into a smooth paste.
Dab this paste onto fish pieces and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Remove from fridge and shallow fry on tawa in desi ghee.
Prepare the sauce:
Remove seeds from dried dates (chhuare)
Boil in double quantity water - 2 cups of water for 5-10 minutes to soften dates.
When water reduces to half (1 cup), remove from heat and add all the other ingredients.
Grind to a fine paste.
Add a pinch of salt to the paste and mix. The sauce is ready. Serve with fish.