How To Make Lamb And Almond Korma
About Lamb And Almond Korma Recipe: A delightful dish of lamb korma is a perfect addition to a celebratory spread! Here is a korma recipe with succulent lamb cuts tossed in a smooth mix of yogurt with nutty almonds and rich spices!
Ingredients of Lamb And Almond Korma
- 1 Kg lamb shoulder cuts
- 1 cup onion
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup almonds (skin removed), blanched
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Black cardamom
- 3 Green cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- to taste salt
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 3 cups water
How to Make Lamb And Almond Korma
- 1.Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, fry the onions in the ghee till they are golden. Remove onions from the oil.
- 2.Add the lamb pieces to the ghee and fry it till they are golden in colour; add the ginger garlic paste and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- 3.Make a smooth paste of yoghurt and ½ cup of blanched almonds. Add this paste to the lamb and keep on stirring it till oil separates out. Add the fried onions to the lamb.
- 4.Reduce the heat, and add water. Cover the pan and let the lamb simmer for an hour or till tender.
- 5.Cut the remaining blanched almonds into small pieces and add it to the korma.
Key Ingredients: lamb shoulder cuts, onion, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, almonds (skin removed), Cinnamon stick, Black cardamom, Green cardamom, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, ghee, water