Story ProgressBack to home
Methi Chole Recipe
How to make Methi Chole
If you're someone who loves chole, then this methi chole is a must-try! Methi adds a delicious flavour to this recipe. It tastes best when paired with bhature.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Methi Chole
- 1 1/2 cup Kabuli chana (white chickpeas) , soaked for 8 hours
- 2 cups Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) , washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inc Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli, slit
- to taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder (dhania)
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
How to Make Methi CholeHideShow Media
Pressure cook the soaked chole for 7-8 whistles. Drain the boiled chole and keep aside.
Heat ghee in kadhai. Saute cumin seeds, bay leaf, ginger, garlic, green chillies and onion. Add salt, turmeric powder and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
Next, add the methi leaves. Season with red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder.
Finally add the boiled chole. Stir fry this till all the masalas have come together.
The methi chole is ready!