How to make the Moti Roti
Recipe Servings: 8
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
A roti with a distinctive style, made from wheat and gram flour, cooked over a direct flame.
Ingredients of Moti Roti
- 2 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup Gram flour
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Clarified butter
- To mix the dough Water
- To smear the roti Butter
How to Make Moti Roti
- 1.Mix all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough.
- 2.Break the dough and shape into balls of about 5 cm in diameter.
- 3.Roll into rounds 1/2 cm in thickness.
- 4.Place a griddle on high heat. After it is hot, put the roti on it, and cook a little on both sides, till it is very slightly cooked-it just about forms an upper crust.
- 5.Remove from heat and pinch the surface on one side, in a pattern, deep but not reaching the bottom.
- 6.This helps cook the roti through and prevents it from puffing up.
- 7.Now cook over direct flame, over a wire rack, turning constantly till both sides have brown specks all over and the roti is cooked through.
- 8.Smear the cooked roti with a little clarified butter and serve.
Whole wheat flour, Gram flour
, Ajwain, Asafoetida
, Chilli powder, Clarified butter, Water, Butter