Low Fat Murgh Kurkuri Recipe
Crunchy bits of chicken fried in a coating of channa dal and green chillies.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Low Fat Murgh Kurkuri
- 4 (1/2 kg) chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp sirka (vinegar)
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp kali mirch (powdered black pepper )
- 1/4 cup hari dhania (coriander leaves), chopped
- 2 tsp hari mirch (green chillies), chopped fine
- 1/2 cup channas roasted, coarsely pounded
- 1 tsp (5 gm) oil
- Nimbu (sour lime), to squeeze over the chicken and lemon twists to garnish
How to Make Low Fat Murgh KurkuriHideShow Media
Cut chicken pieces into half and prick with a fork.
Marinate in garlic paste, vinegar, salt and black pepper, and keep thus for 2-3 hours.
Mix together the channas, coriander and green chillies.
Coat chicken pieces with the channa mixture.
Brush a seasoned pan or a non-stick pan, with oil.
Heat the pan over high heat and place chicken pieces in the pan.
Turn and lower the heat till chicken is cooked through (15-20 minutes).
Brown on both sides, and serve hot with the lemon squeezed over the chicken, garnished with lemon twists.