How to make Murukku (Fried Lentil Snack)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Murukku (Fried Lentil Snack) Recipe: This popular South Indian snack is not only crispy, delicious and easy but also crackling to look at.
Ingredients of Murukku (Fried Lentil Snack)
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup dhuli urad dal (powdered)
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp asafoetida (diluted in 1/4 cup water)
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 tbsp safed til oil (for deep frying)
How to Make Murukku (Fried Lentil Snack)
- 1.Mix all the ingredients and knead to a firm dough with water.
- 2.Keep aside for half an hour or so.
- 3.Heat the oil till a drop of dough thrown in comes up at once.
- 4.Using a press (like a sevain /cookie press), press out round murkkus straight into the hot oil.
- 5.Lower the heat and cook till they're light brown and crisp on both sides.
- 6.Cool and store in an airtight jar.
Key Ingredients: rice flour, dhuli urad dal (powdered), salt, asafoetida (diluted in 1/4 cup water), ghee or butter, safed til oil (for deep frying)