How to make Lentil Coconut Curry
About Lentil Coconut Curry Recipe: A simple curry made from tuar dal, coconut milk and basic, aromatic spices.
Ingredients of Lentil Coconut Curry
- 1 1/2 Cup tuar dal
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 25 gms ginger & garlic
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 1/2 tbsp mustard seed
- 2 curry leaves stems
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp dhaniya (coriander) powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamarind
How to Make Lentil Coconut Curry
- 1.Soak tuar dal for 15-20 minutes, then let it boil.
- 2.Put some coconut oil in pan and let it heat.
- 3.Fry together dried red chillies, onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, heeng, curry leaves, turmeric, dhania powder.
- 4.Now, pour in dal,
- 5.To this, add 1/2 cup of water and puree the dal in a mixer grinder.
- 6.Add it to pan and bring it to boil again and add 1/2 a cup of coconut milk.
- 7.Finish by adding a Tbsp. of tamarind paste.
Key Ingredients: tuar dal, onions, green chillies, ginger & garlic, coconut oil, dried red chillies, mustard seed, curry leaves stems, turmeric, dhaniya (coriander) powder, coriander powder, heeng (asafoetida), coconut milk, tamarind