Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille Recipe
How to make Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille
Ever fancied a paneer lasagna? Here you have Indian vegetarian food redefined. Follow to cook some brilliant fusion food yourself.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings3
Ingredients of Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille
- 500 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
- For the ratatouille:
- 1 medium green capsicum, cut into dices
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into dices
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, cut into dices
- 1/2 medium yellow zucchini, cut into dices
- 1/2 medium green zucchini, cut into dices
- 1 medium carrot, boiled and cut into dices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp kadahi masala (mixture of cumin, coriander, chillies, pepper and fennel)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup onion-tomato masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder + for sprinkling
- 2 1/2 Tbsp oil
- For the vegetable mixture:
- For 1 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp pistachios
- 1 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled and crushed
- 6-9 Tbsp grated processed cheese
- Mixed pepper juliennes
How to Make Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi RatatouilleHideShow Media
For Paneer Slices:
Preheat oven at 180ºC.
Cut cottage cheese into thin slices and place on the worktop.
Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder on them and set aside.
For the vegetable mixture
Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
Add raisins, pistachios and cashew nuts, roast till browned.
Heat oil in another non-stick pan.
Add ginger, green chilli and saute for half a minute.
Now, add potato, mix and saute well.
Remove roasted nuts from the pan and roughly chop them.
Add salt, coriander powder and red chilli powder to potatoes, mix well and cook.
Add chopped nuts, toss to mix and cook for about a couple of minutes.
Transfer the mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
For the ratatouille
Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan.
Add kadahi masala and garlic, mix and saute till garlic turns brown.
Add onion-tomato masala and mix well.
Add water, stir and cook.
Add capsicums, zucchinis, carrots and mix well.
Add salt, coriander powder and remaining red chilli powder.
Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
Spread a layer of cooked vegetables in a glass baking dish.
Top it with cheese and spread 3-4 cottage cheese sheets on top.
Spread the cooked potato mixture on top crowned with cheese, repeat and end by topping with cooked vegetables, remaining cheese and a sprinkling of kadahi masala.
Place the dish on baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with pepper.