How To Make Parippu Vada
About Parippu Vada Recipe: A spicy, crunchy vada from Kerala that you can make at home and store for long to pair with your cup of hot tea.
Ingredients of Parippu Vada
- 1 Cup chana dal
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 5-6 curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- to taste salt
- Oil (for frying)
How to Make Parippu Vada
- 1.Wash, soak chana dal for about 2 hours. Transfer into a colander and drain the water
- 2.Grind the drained chana dal coarsely.
- 3.Transfer it into a bowl and add rest of the ingredients to it except oil.
- 4.Mix it well to form a smooth, a little crumbly mixture. Add little water if needed.
- 5.Now grease your palms with some oil and divide the mixture in equal parts in a round shape, press a llittle ton make small patties.
- 6.Now heat some oil in a wok over medium flame and deep fry the vadas until golden brown. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: chana dal, onion, ginger, green chilli, red chilli powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt, Oil (for frying)