How to make Penne with Cottage Cheese
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Penne pasta tossed with parboiled vegetables and a flavorsome tomato sauce. Topped with cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and bean sprouts.
Ingredients of Penne with Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Kg whole wheat penne pasta (boiled in salted water)
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- for garnishing beans sprouts
- for garnishing parmesan cheese
- Parboiled vegetables:
- 2 tbsp snow peas
- 2 tbsp asparagus
- 2 tbsp baby corn
- 2 tbsp french beans
- For the sauce:
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 6 whole pepper corn
- 2 tbsp oil
- to taste salt
How to Make Penne with Cottage Cheese
- 1.Take oil in a pan and saute onions and garlic till they turn color.
- 2.Add tomatoes and let it cook for 10 minutes on slow fire. Now add peppercorns, bay leaf and salt.
- 3.In a separate pan saute the cottage cheese and then add all the vegetables.
- 4.Add the boiled pasta to the sauce & cook on high fire for a couple of minutes.
- 5.Put into a dish, top up with beans sprouts and Parmesan cheese. Serve.
Key Ingredients: whole wheat penne pasta (boiled in salted water), cottage cheese, beans sprouts, parmesan cheese, snow peas, asparagus, baby corn, french beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic, bay leaf, whole pepper corn, oil, salt