How to make Peshawari Chappali Kebab
About Peshawari Chappali Kebab Recipe | Mutton Kebab Recipe: Minced lamb kebabs made from herbs, spices, eggs, pomegranate seeds and ginger. Served with an apricot-jaggery-raisin sauce.
Ingredients of Peshawari Chappali Kebab
- For Peshawari Chappali Kebab:
- 1 Kg Lamb mince
- 1 Tbsp Coriander seeds (whole)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilli (crushed)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Large Onions, chopped
- 5 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour (besan)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate seeds (anar dana)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 300 Gram Cooking fat/ ghee
- For Sauce:
- 500 Gram Dry apricots
- 250 Gram Jaggery (gur)
- 200 Gram Raisins
- 250 Gram Lemons
- To taste Salt
How to Make Peshawari Chappali Kebab
- Prepare Peshawari Chappali Kebab:
- 1.Mix all the spices with the lamb mince and mash it well.
- 2.Mix in chopped onions, tomatoes and gram flour.
- 3.Fold in eggs with a light hand.
- 4.Now add pomegranate seeds and chopped ginger. Keep aside in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- 5.After the mixture is set, make flat elongated kebabs out of it.
- 6.Place a tomato slice on kebab and fry both sides in cooking fat or ghee.
- 7.Keep aside and fry once more to cook through.
- Prepare Sauce:
- 1.Put all ingredients in 1 cup water and boil.
- 2.Reduce for 10-15 minutes.
- 3.Once done, take off heat and whisk the sauce till smooth.
- 4.Serve with Peshawari chappali kebab.
Key Ingredients: Lamb mince, Coriander seeds (whole), Cumin seeds, Red chilli (crushed), Salt, Onions, Tomatoes, Flour (besan), Eggs, Pomegranate seeds (anar dana), Ginger, Cooking fat/ ghee, Dry apricots, Jaggery (gur), Raisins, Lemons, Salt