Phirni with Fresh Berries Recipe
Sweet rice pudding garnished with seasonal berries, this recipe is the perfect treat for a special occasion.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Phirni with Fresh Berries
- 200 gm rice
- 1L milk
- 300 gm sugar
- 5 gm almonds, chopped
- 5 gm pista, chopped
- A few strands of saffron
- 5 gm green cardamom powder
- 10 gm gooseberries
- 10 gm raspberries
How to Make Phirni with Fresh BerriesHideShow Media
1. Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes and crush in a grinder into small pieces.
2. In a handi, heat milk and add sugar on a low flame.
3. Add green cardamom powder followed by rice and continue cooking while occasionally stirring the mixture.
4. When the milk thickens and the rice is cooked, add saffron and mix well.
5. Pour the phirni in serving bowl and add chopped almonds, chopped pistas, raspberries and
gooseberries on top.
6. Serve cold.