How To Make Quinoa And Veggies Stuffed Fried Chicken
About Quinoa And Veggies Stuffed Fried Chicken Recipe: Nothing better than a fried chicken breast stuffed with a mouth-watering mix of quinoa, bell peppers, garlic, onion and cheese.
Ingredients of Quinoa And Veggies Stuffed Fried Chicken
- 2 Chicken breasts
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- Canola oil (to fry)
- For Filling:
- 1/2 cup boiled quinoa/ cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp bell peppers (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Cheddar cheese (as desired)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- For Coating:
- 1/2 cup makhana (coarsely ground), roasted
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Egg
- to taste salt, pepper, chilli flakes
- For the tartar sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp olives, chopped
- 1 tsp gherkin, chopped
- 2 tsp pickled onion, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
How to Make Quinoa And Veggies Stuffed Fried Chicken
- 1.First prepare the tartar sauce by adding mayonnaise to a bowl. Mix in all the ingredients. Adjust the seasoning and put it in the refrigerator till it’s ready to be served.
- 2.To prepare the filling, heat oil in a wok, add the chopped garlic and onions to it and cook until translucent. Then add the chopped peppers and sauté till partially cooked.
- 3.Now add the boiled quinoa or the cooked brown rice and sauté for a few minutes on high flame. Adjust the seasoning and take it the wok off the flame. Allow it to come to room temperature.
- 4.Now take the chicken breast, remove the supreme and clean it properly. Remove any excess fat. Butterfly the chicken with a sharp knife and flatten with a meat hammer to flatten it out. Marinate with salt, pepper and thyme.
- 5.Once the filling is cool, add the cheese and mix well to bind the filling. Fill the marinated chicken breast with the prepared filling and close the chicken breast tightly.
- 6.Put some almond flour and the roasted, crushed makhana in two separate plates and whisk an egg in a bowl. Season all three with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- 7.Now coat the prepared chicken breast first with the almond flour, then dip in the egg mixture and finally coat the chicken evenly with the roasted crushed foxnuts.
- 8.Once the coating is done, refrigerate for about 30 minutes so that the chicken holds the coating well.
- 9.Now heat oil in a deep pan and fry the stuffed chicken breast on low heat till cooked through and golden brown. Remove on a kitchen paper to remove the excess oil from it.
- 10.Slice the chicken evenly and serve along with tartar sauce.
Key Ingredients: Chicken breasts, salt and pepper, thyme, Canola oil (to fry), boiled quinoa/ cooked brown rice, bell peppers (finely diced), onion, garlic, salt and pepper, chilli flakes, Cheddar cheese (as desired), canola oil, makhana (coarsely ground), almond flour, Egg, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, For the tartar sauce:, mayonnaise, olives, gherkin, pickled onion, parsley, chives