How To Make Quinoa Cakes With Basil Chive Cream And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
About Quinoa Cakes Recipe: A refreshing spin to the goodness of quinoa, this dish comes with the flavours of cheese, red pepper, chives, fresh basil leaves and more.
Ingredients of Quinoa Cakes With Basil Chive Cream And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 100 gms goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper (freshly ground)
- For Roasted Red pepper Sauce:
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- For basil chive cream:
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 tsp basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
How to Make Quinoa Cakes With Basil Chive Cream And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1.Combine the water, quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2.Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed into the quinoa. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- 3.Stir together the quinoa, eggs, bread crumbs, cheeses, red onion, and chives in a medium bowl to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4.Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form the quinoa mixture into 12 patties.
- 5.Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Working in batches, cook the patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed, until golden brown.
- Prepare Roasted Red pepper Sauce:
- 1.Heat oven to 200C.
- 2.Place the peppers on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes until the skins are blackened.
- 3.Remove from the oven and put into a plastic bag – this makes them sweat and the skins slip off more easily. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skins with your fingers.
- 4.Slice the peppers open, pick out and discard all the seeds and membrane, then roughly chop the red flesh.
- 5.Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. When hot, fry the garlic and onions for a few minutes.
- 6.Add the chopped peppers and continue to fry for a few mins, stirring to combine everything.
- 7.Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then allow it to reduce a little.
- 8.Pour the contents of the pan into a blender and whizz until smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 9.Depending on the ripeness of the peppers, you shouldn’t need any sugar – but if they retain a slightly bitter flavour, return the sauce to the pan, add sugar to taste and let it dissolve over the heat.
- Prepare Basil Chive Cream:
- 1.Stir together the crème fraiche, basil, chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl to combine.
- 2.Season with salt and pepper, to taste and refrigerate to chill.
- Final Assembling :
- 1.Top each quinoa cake with a dollop of cold basil chice cream cream and serve with warm red pepper sauce on the side. Garnish with fresh chives and microgreens.
Key Ingredients: water, quinoa, Eggs (beaten), plain bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, goat cheese (crumbled), Onion (finely diced), chives, olive oil, Salt and black pepper (freshly ground), Red peppers, olive oil, garlic clove (crushed), white onion, vegetable stock, sugar (optional), creme fraiche, basil leaves, chives, fresh lemon juice, salt and black pepper