How to make Red Rice Vermicelli Kheer
About Red Rice Vermicelli Kheer Recipe: Kheer is the quintessential Indian dessert that is easy to prepare and simply irresistible to relish! This kheer recipe made of red rice vermicelli is a simple recipe that you can prepare in about 30 minutes. Packed with the goodness of almonds and garnished with saffron strands, this kheer is a delicious option to cook during festivals and special occasions.
Ingredients of Red Rice Vermicelli Kheer
- 60 gms red rice vermicelli / broken sooji / semolina vermicelli
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 8-10 saffron strands / thread
- 3 tbsp sugar
How to Make Red Rice Vermicelli Kheer
- 1.Heat butter in a non-stick pan and add almonds and sauté it for a minute.
- 2.Keep the gas on medium flame and add the vermicelli. Sauté it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it develops some color.
- 3.Add milk to it and cook it on medium flame for about 5 minutes or until it comes to a nice boil.
- 4.Now add cardamom powder, saffron strands, sugar and cook for another 5 minutes on medium flame or till the vermicelli is cooked.
- 5.Red Rice Vermicelli Kheer is now ready.
- 6.Before serving it, garnish it with some more almonds and saffron strands.
Key Ingredients: red rice vermicelli / broken sooji / semolina vermicelli, butter, almonds, whole milk, cardamom powder, saffron strands / thread, sugar