Story ProgressBack to home
Roasted Carrot, Rosemary, White Bean Hummus Recipe
Here, white beans take over chickpeas to make this smoky and incredibly delicious hummus. Add in rosemary for a flavour boost.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Roasted Carrot, Rosemary, White Bean Hummus
- 2 cups white beans, boiled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup of olive oil, plus extra for topping
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Rosemary sprigs to garnish
How to Make Roasted Carrot, Rosemary, White Bean HummusHideShow Media
1. Oil the carrots and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. In a food processer or blender, mix the white beans and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
3. Add the carrots, cumin powder, red chilli powder, olive oil and salt, and blend again until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning.
5. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and rosemary sprigs on top. Serve with pita breads.