How to make Roasted Spring Chicken with Root Veggies
About Roasted Spring Chicken with Root Veggies Recipe: A delicious Thanksgiving recipe to prepare at home! Whole chicken stuffed with thyme, galric, lime, topped with chipotle powder and pepper to bake till perfection. Served along with veggies like carrots and drizzled with olive oil and cooked chicken stock.
Ingredients of Roasted Spring Chicken with Root Veggies
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bunch thyme, small
- 1 garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- black pepper
- butter (to rub)
- extra olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 turnip
- 1 beetroot
- 1 chipotle powder
- parsley, chopped
How to Make Roasted Spring Chicken with Root Veggies
- 1.Preheat your oven to 475°F.
- 2.Lay out the carrots in a single layer on a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Add a few springs of thyme. Place a roasting rack directly on top.
- 3.Stuff the cavity of each chicken with a small bundle of thyme, ½ head garlic and ½ a lemon. Combine the chipotle powder with 2 teaspoons of salt. Sprinkle liberally all over the chickens with the mixture. Season with freshly cracked pepper. Place the chickens on the roasting rack. Drizzle with olive oil then place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chickens and the internal temperature is 165°F.
- 4.Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the roast turnip, beetroot, and carrots. Pour into a bowl and mix in the parsley, mint and orange zest then keep aside.
- 5.Remove the chicken from the oven and place it on a cutting board tented with foil. Remove the roasting rack.
- 6.Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer, scraping the brown bits off of the bottom. Let the jus (the juice) simmer while the chicken rests, about 10 minutes.
- 7.To serve, place the carrots on plate and top with breadcrumb mixture. Slice the chicken breast. Place the chicken beside the root vegetables and spoon jus over top. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil sprinkle with sea salt.
Key Ingredients: whole chicken, thyme, garlic, lemon, orange, salt, black pepper, butter (to rub), extra olive oil, carrot, turnip, beetroot, chipotle powder, parsley