Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts Recipe
These bite sized chocolate and caramel tarts are perfect for to impress your guests. The dark chocolate balances the sweet and salty caramel for an incredibly indulgent experience.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time1 hr
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings3
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
- For Tarts:
- 375 gms flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 gms butter
- 16 Tbsp cocoa powder
- For the Salted Caramel:
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 14 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 stick vanilla pod
How to Make Salted Caramel Chocolate TartsHideShow Media
1. Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
2. Add butter, sugar until the mixture is creamy and smooth slowly.
3. Add eggs a little at a time.
4. Prepare a dough.
5. Roll dough on a light floured surface, shape dough into flat disks and fold it a bit.
6. Dock with fork by placing a few small holes in the bottom of the dough to allow air through.
7. Bake till the crust gets light brown in colour (20 minutes-baking time).
8. Once the shell cools a bit, fill it the salted caramel chocolate filing.
For the Salted Caramel:
1. Warm the cream to infuse vanilla.
2. In a pot caramelise the sugar.
3. When the sugar turns amber,add the infused cream and melted dark chocolate.
4. Boil this mixture again and add the butter and a pinch of sea salt.
5. Cool the mixture.
6. Place it over the freshly prepared tarts.